Ear problem

Well the problem is about my father 2 years ago my father attain a weird and strong sound in his ears. It is really very uncomfortable for him as he work I have search google and found that it's symptoms are that of tinnitus I don't know the reason behind this as my father works in a very quiet environment. I have consulted with a doctor in kolkata but he have said that it can't be cured and given him some dipressent tablets. sSo im really hoping for a positive response from here !!.

Doctor Answers (2) on Ear problem

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | Otologist/ Neurotologist
The sound he is hearing is the sound generated by the inner ear. It is usually inaudible as they are masked by external sounds which are amplified 23 times by the ossicles in the middle ear. When you start losing your hearing you start gradually noticing the inner sound as a high pitched hum which gets progressively louder as the hearing worsens. So... Get his hearing tested and go in for a good pair of RIC type hearing aids from Widex with the Zen programs
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, Tinnitus is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. It can be subjective or objective.Tinnitus with the underlying cause should be evaluated first , For many people, hearing worsens with age, usually starting around age 50. Hearing loss can cause tinnitus. Take him to ENT specialist .