Ear problem

I can feel a pulsating feeling in my ear from a month ago. It's like a sound of heartbeat. It started suddenly one day & sometimes it goes away & again comes back. I don't have any other problems with my ear & my hearing is also fine.

Doctor Answers (3) on Ear problem

Dr. Sankarshana V T Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
This condition what u feel could be due to many causes and we have to rule them out as the peculiarity is that it's not constant thiThe first and foremost is to get an ear examination done and further investigation if required asap
Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
pulsatile tinnitus can be due to many reasons sometimes may be due to underlying serious condition, but true pulsatile tinnitus is not very common at your age
it may be due to vascular lesions in your ear or due to vascular tumors. it may be secondary to atherosclerosis of major blood vessels of neck, all of which are not common in general population
it may be just because of cold in your nose and retraction of ear drum which you felt like pulsatile
you need to consult nearby ENT specialist for complete ear examination and to rule out above causes
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
That could be a serious problem. It is known as Pulsatile Tinnitus and the sound is that of the blood pulsing through the Jugular Bulb, in the neck just below the Ear.. This needs to be investigated thoroughly.. Please drop into my clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar( get turn-by-turn directions on Google Maps on your smartphone to get here) at the earliest.
-Dr Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Consulting ENT, Head & Neck Surgeon