Ear problem head spinning
My mother who is diabetic has developed a weird problem for the past 2 weeks.I might tell you there is no wax,checked and confirmed by ent specialist.She suddenly feels her eardrums paining and then after few minutes her head starts spinning. doctor says its some body inbalance.can some expert please advice.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Consult a good ENT Specialist as the organ for hearing is also the organ for balance -THE EAR. Both her symptoms are interrelated. It could be something as simple as a Eustachian Tube dysfunction leading to Acute Vestibulitis where a simple nasal decongestant drop followed by the "Valsalva Manouver" is what will relieve the symptoms almost immediately! You could discuss this with your ENT doctor.

Hello, This problem of your mother is not weird and I do not support calling anyone suffering with a problem and they have got a weird problem. This is called vertigo because of the alterations in the system that which controls the balance of body. That pain might evacuating this. It is very important to make out the pathology that which is causing this. For that she need to be investigated. Take her to a neuro physician. Thank you