EAR INFECTION

Hi sir/madam, my mother has got a hole in her right ear drum it seems....and she keeps complaining of cough & cold too often......and her left ear always itches.....we got a check up done on her & so i am sending a attached file of that report.....please see if u people can makeout of that prescription.........as the doctor in my hometown(siliguri,westbengal) said she needs to go for a surgery in her right ear.....

Doctor Answers (2) on EAR INFECTION

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Yes....according to your doctor's notes, there is a moderate sized perforation of the pars tensa region of your Right Eardrum which needs to be repaired surgically. Before doing it, the nose/sinus problem should be solved so that the ears stop discharging when you have a cold. Please use this app to find and meet a good ENT Specialist in your city to examine you & do the needful. If you are able to make it to Bangalore, I would be very happy to help you out myself. My clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar is easily navigable to in Google Maps
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there we undertsand your feeling and your concern towards your mother. But then the prescription that you have uploaded isnt clear to be seen. You see that hole in your mother's ear drum is because of the repeated imfection and getting attacjed with cold. At this stahe she needs surgery becase in future she may face different problems lije balancing too. It is better to follow the advuce of the doctor. Thank you