Dvt in my left leg

Is there any exercise need for good blood circulation while taking treatment for dvt.I am taking acitrom 2mg daily & 1mg day by day. Plz reply to quiry also how much time it will take to cure dvt fully

Doctor Answers (3) on Dvt in my left leg

Dr. P.V.S.Ganesh Hyderabad | Physiotherapist
deep vein thrombosis leads to pain and swelling in the foot and legs.apart from medicine ,ted stockings are advised for dvt to promote blood pumping from calf veins to heart . buerger exercises is prescribed for dvt which involves onle active contraction and movement of foot and ankle in variours positions. avoid dependent hanging position of your leg which makes blood pumping more difficult. always use some support table to keep your leg long and straight.avoid prolonged standing. when sleeping keep your foot and leg elevated above chest level. please do consult physiotherapist for detailed demonstration of exercise and precautions.
Stockings are the only way out apart from medication..... Please avoid heavy exercises of left leg... More blood circulation may lead to dislodged blood clot which may then block major vessels of heart and lungs.... Time to cure would vary on which vessel it affects
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well you need to keep ambulating the area...that's important..first I also need to know if you underwent any major surgery recently which is why you have developed dvt..we also give stockings for the legs in order to prevent the occurrence of dvt...so ambulation is the key...thank you