Dust allergy

Hi, I am having issue related to allergy since every month of a year I have to go through cough,cold and fever.its really hectic now a days I am an it employee I have to work under chilled ac room..I have faced problems from smoke from cigrates,any vehicle ,dust within fraction of second I caugt

Doctor Answers (1) on Dust allergy

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Decontaminate your decor. Minimize dust that may worsen nighttime symptoms by replacing certain items in your bedroom. For example, encase pillows, mattresses and box springs in dustproof covers. Remove carpeting and install hardwood or linoleum flooring. Use washable curtains and blinds.

Maintain optimal humidity. If you live in a damp climate, talk to your doctor about using a dehumidifier.

Prevent mold spores. Clean damp areas in the bath, kitchen and around the house to keep mold spores from developing. Get rid of moldy leaves or damp firewood in the yard.

Reduce pet dander. If you're allergic to dander, avoid pets with fur or feathers. Having pets regularly bathed or groomed also may reduce the amount of dander in your surroundings.

Clean regularly. Clean your home at least once a week. If you're likely to stir up dust, wear a mask or have someone else do the cleaning.
Cover your nose and mouth if it's cold out.
Visit nearby allergy clinic....