Dry & oily scalp + Acne
Hello dermatologists I have acne and dry and oily scalp issues, when the scalp is heavy I tend to have more pimples which result in pores and pimples. I have been using Head and shoulders shampoo for a few years now and the dandruff seems to be more when I'm off this shampoo for a few days. I need to get rid of this. Can you help??

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Dandruff is a common situation more common among teenagers. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition. Hope it helps you
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.