Dry eyes and myopia

I have been adviced by my friend to use Ramdev's DHRISTHI EYE DROPS to strenghten up eye muscles and remove spectacles. I have -1.5D in my eyes. I want to know how safe and how effective it is ? Is it worth a try? Also what dose should i use

Doctor Answers (1) on Dry eyes and myopia

Dr. Ravi Thadani Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Since it is an ayurvedic drops, there are no studies conducted to know there effectiveness, and no statistical data is known to prove it's authenticity. In allopathic medicine, eye muscles can be strengthen by eye exercises, and spectacle removal can be either use of contact lenses or lasik. Lasik is laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis it is most common eye procedure done now a days for correction of refractive error (i.e glass removal). It uses laser for computerized micro changes inside cornea correcting your number. The procedure is highly advanced with use of high precision lasers and takes around 20-30 min to complete the procedure. Its very safe and effective. The number can be completely removed with it. But you should fulfill the criteria before going for lasik. For this visit the link www.ravieyefoundation.in/services/refractive-surgeries