Drastic hair fall

I have hair fall from past 6 months. At first I thought it was because of weather change because I moved to Chennai in December. But it is still continuing and I have less than half of the hair volume I had earlier. I have tried minoxidil 2% for 2 months but there is no improvement. Please tell me what to do?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

. In women, Anaemia, hormonal issues, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair. After adequate evaluation by dermatologist, You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. See a qualified dermatologist near you to get evaluated if you have any other scalp problem. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.