animal-health-icon
Dog skin excessive dettol
My dog recently got into a fight with a stray.I found 3 bite marks on its back.The vaccinations & anti rabies have all been rightly administered & vet said no problem since the stray is friendly.But i used too much of dettol cleaning wounds & the skin looks burnt and fur has fallen off at those places. Solution?

Dr. Praveen Dutt Sharma
Veterinary Physician 13 yrs exp Noida

Dettol will never be used in dogs. Wounds to be dressed with betadine and neosporin powder to applied. Postbite anti rabies and antibiotics course is must. Burned appearing edges would heal with passage of time with these medicines. Thanks