Disk desiccation

I have lower back pain and when I did MRI scan and identified as "mild degree of disk desiccation noted in cervical and lumber spines" doctor gave me diclogel 30gm and gembone tablet. Is my treatment going in correct direction and please suggest some exercises ?

Dr. Raviraj Francis
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there.... Disc disiccition is a condition in which the fluids of the disc (which acts as cushion and shock absorber) in between the vertebra dries up or is reduced....actually it is a common process which occours with ageing but you are a young Lad so it has affected you early.... dont worry as you say there is a mild evidence on MRI so you spotted it early.... i would like to know a few things from you... 1)whats your height and weight 2)occoupation 3)commuting mode and time for work 4)previous trauma to spine/back 5)any associated conditions like diabetes,high BP. 6)what level of lumbar and cervical spine the dissection is there. Diclogel will give you temporary relief and will relax your muscles...do apply it and gembone i guess is a calcium and nutritional supplement.so far so good i can say yes the treatment you are undergoing is fine...the prescribe the right type of exercises to you do resort back to me with answers to my question and i will give you a detailed programme pertaining to exercises for Disc dissection.
Harisha N L

Initial treatment for your condition is pain management and traction...you will require proper physiotherapy...Physiotherapists can show you positions and exercises designed to minimize the pain of a herniated disk...continue same medications with physiotherapy and be in a regular fallow up with your doctor they will help you further.
Dr. Mitesh Sawhney
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Agra
Pain killers r just temporary relief.. No other feild of medical science is as much effective as physiotherapy in ur case..refer for spine evaluation and root cause..thereafter move to proper rehab n exercise