Disc Buldge
I did my MRI recently as i was having extreme back pain and migranes. The report showed that I have annular bulge with right side disc buldge at C4-C5 level causing thecal compression ,compression of right traversing nerve root & impingement of cord. Can anyone suggest how bad is that and what could be best possible treatment any good doctor to recomend within India.
93 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neurosurgeon 7 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello. Sorry to hear this. In simple words the report means that you have a slipped disc in your neck causing pressure on the nerves in the neck.This happens due to wear and tear in your cervical spine (neck) and simple terms can also be called as arthritis of the spine. Though difficult to comment without seeing the picture, it is suggestive of moderate to severe disease. However your migraine and back pain are unlikely to be due to this. Treatment is based on the symptoms and corelating it with the MRI.Medications and physiotherapy are the usual first line treatment. Please see a neurosurgeon as he will be the best person to treat you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.