Disc Buldge

I did my MRI recently as i was having extreme back pain and migranes. The report showed that I have annular bulge with right side disc buldge at C4-C5 level causing thecal compression ,compression of right traversing nerve root & impingement of cord. Can anyone suggest how bad is that and what could be best possible treatment any good doctor to recomend within India.

Doctor Answers (1) on Disc Buldge

Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello. Sorry to hear this. In simple words the report means that you have a slipped disc in your neck causing pressure on the nerves in the neck.This happens due to wear and tear in your cervical spine (neck) and simple terms can also be called as arthritis of the spine. Though difficult to comment without seeing the picture, it is suggestive of moderate to severe disease. However your migraine and back pain are unlikely to be due to this. Treatment is based on the symptoms and corelating it with the MRI.Medications and physiotherapy are the usual first line treatment. Please see a neurosurgeon as he will be the best person to treat you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.