Buldge between C2 & C3

Am having pain and numbness in left hand and Thumb finger. when took MRI, I have buldge between C2 & C3. May I know does it requires a surgery or, it can be cured by medicine?
views-icons 95 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Buldge between C2 & C3

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., very small number of people with herniated disks eventually need surgery. Your orthopedician may suggest surgery if conservative treatments fail to improve your symptoms after six weeks, especially if you continue to experience : Numbness or weakness...Difficulty standing or walking...Loss of bladder or bowel control..... Muscle relaxants may be prescribed if you have muscle spasms....Consult your orthopedician.....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?