Numbness in right hand

I am having numbness on the right side of my right hand, which includes thumb, fore & middle finger and below this fingers , I am having this problem for the past 1 month , What should I do ? If I put a little bit stress on my wrist to hold the grip of the bike handle or while working over the mouse, it gets numb

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

This can be due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Please consult a Neurosurgeon for Clinical Examination
Harisha N L

Hi there... Hand pain, numbness, which increases in night could be due to thoracic outlet syndrome or carpel tunnel syndrome or hypothyroidism, cervical disc prolapse... Head and neck pain is definitely due to disc dessication at c2- c3... Not the hand pain as nerves supplying hand are c5,6,7,8 and t1... Disc dessication means that in the cartilage between vertebrae I.e intervertebral disc there is loss of fluid which is early degenerative change... Cause of your hand pain can be found only by ruling out each thing... For pain relief give rest to hand as due to over use muscle inflammation occurs which could press on nerves and cause pain, dip hand in hot water so that there is more blood flow and washes out pain causing chemicals.... Consult spine surgeon once...

Hello there.... Numbness in the right hand can be caused by a number of conditions. In most cases right hand numbness is caused by compression of the peripheral nerves or improper blood supply.... If you are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome you may be given physical therapy along with anti-inflammatory medication to help relieve your discomfort. You may need to adjust your lifestyle to help avoid activities that are aggravating your condition.... Consult Physician for further evaluation...