diabetes-icon

Difficulty to conceive

Dear Doctor, My thyroid profile is normal (TSH,T3/T4) and is also verified by the doctor I'm consulting to. But my anti-thyroglobulin & anti-TSH antibodies are highly elevated. Still she said no need medication for that. When I recently consulted an infertility centre, they prescribed me Thyronorm tab daily in the early morning empty stomach. So my doubt is since all my thyroid hormones are in normal range, will taking thyronorm tab will make the antibodies level back to normal? and is this condition highly impact my fertility & ability to conceive? Please clarify as I am in dilemma whether to take the tablet or not. Thanks, S

Doctor Answers (1) on Difficulty to conceive

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar Mumbai | Diabetologist
Thyronorm tablets will not have any effect on the antibody levels. Probably you have been started on Thyronorm at a low dose as the target TSH levels are different for non pregnant ladies compared to those who are pregnant or are awaiting pregnancy. There are chances of difficulty in conceiving if the thyroid hormone levels are out of range.