Different tablets

I am taking ovral g tablets prescribed by one doctor. I had gone to another doctor which prescribed me dienogest tablets. As these both tablets are hormonal, is it ok to take them together? Ovral g was prescribed to me for spotting and dienogest is prescribed as I have undiagnosed right pelvic and lower back pain since 2 months. Nothing abnormal has been detected in my reports yet.The doctor thinks it can be endometriosis. So she has given. Is it ok to take these together?

Doctor Answers (4) on Different tablets

Dr. Sarika Dahiphale
11 yrs. of exp | Pune | Infertility Specialist

INR 450 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Continue with one drug only...
Dr. Sachin Dalal
16 yrs. of exp | Mumbai | Gynecologist

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Please do not take these tablets together. Dienogest will cause a temporary stoppage of your menses. Ovral G is a contraceptive. Dienogest will alone be good.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
13 yrs. of exp | Pune | Gynecologist
there is no point taking both the tablets because the action of both is the same and you would end up having a high dose of hormones. if you r taking both then the whole purpose to give a low dose dinogest is beaten. i think the pain you have is not because of endometriosis but because of intestines. stop eating besan fried things
Dr. Sujoy Dasgupta
7 yrs. of exp | Kolkata | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Both the drugs are used in endometriosis. Ovral G will cause regular periods but Dienogest may cause spotting but it's better in endometriosis treatment.
If you can tolerate the irregular spotting that settees within few months, then you can continue with Dienogest.