Diaper Rash
Hello Doctor, My daughter is 18 months old and she is suffering from severe rash around her private parts and around her bumps. She is not using diaper from last 5 days and we did urine and stool test but no significant reason found. I am not able to understand what is causing her rash and whom should we consult

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 12 yrs exp North Goa

I agree with Dr Sasidharan.
Dr. Sasidharan
Pediatrician 14 yrs exp Hyderabad

Diaper dermatitis is a chemical dermatitis caused by stools. Stools are acidic in nature hence make the skin raw. Best way to treat it is to avoid diapers till the wound heals. Don't wipe the bottom . Gently rinse the bottom with lukewarm water & dab it dry. Apply any of the nappy rash cream and cotrimoxazole powder. If still doesn't subside wud recommend to meet a dermatologist. Regards.
Dr. Vaidya Mihir Khatri
Ayurveda 7 yrs exp Ahmedabad
apply castor oil.