diabetes-icon
Diabetic taking both insulin and tablet
My mother is diabetic 52 years old. Her sugar levels ranges between 150 to 200 post having food. Doctor is suggesting tablet along with insulin(20 points) in the morning. And in the night only tablet. My question is that why can't take insulin by eliminating tablets.

Thanks for your query Most diabetics develop resistance to both tablet s and insulin with time. That's the reason why they use different types of tablets and insulin. They try to treat the diabetics in such a way that they remain responsive to available medicines. Hence they are not over exposed to any single medicine to make sure they don't develop resistance to it.