diabetes-icon
Diabetic foot
My dad had an injury and developed an ulcer in his right great toe for which he got his wound debridement and the wound healed well . Now he has developed an abscess which is not painful . But ter s pus collection on his great toe with soft tissue swelling . His sugar levels r moderately high . He's on short and long acting insulin and OHA . His previous wound culture reports showed pseudomonas aeruginosa growth . I'm worried about the present condition that it might spread to bone .

Dr. R.Ravindranath
Diabetologist 42 yrs exp Chennai

Diabetic foot needs tight control of sugar Debridement ,weight management, offloading of weight over feet Properly fitting mcp footwear Besides counselling