diabetes-icon
Diabetic during Pregnancy
Hello Sir/Mam. i m pregnant. In30 april i will complete my 3 months. in november my random sugar level is 86. In february when i m pregnant my fasting is 101 and PP is 182. after this doc advise me for Hb1c1 test. In this test valve is 6.6. After that i have concern with diabetic doc. level is high . So that he gave me a Gluconorm SR 500 mg tablet. After 15 days i have again test my fasting is 71 and pp is 96. After 15 days my reports are fasting is 98 and pp is 102. In this time i have taken some bolied potatos and 2 time rice and 2 times Rasna in liquid. But my father doc told him that in this condition we gives insulin to pregnant lady upto 9 months. But doc told me that insulin is old method now this tablet Gluconorm SR 500 mg that is the best tablet for pregnant lady. So i m so much confuse. My question is that i m taking right treatment. and after pregnancy can i left these diabetic control medicine. I have concern with gyn specilist he is agree with this treatment. Pls help soon

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there. First of all, Congratulations on your pregnancy! My opinion is that you have been given the right medicines. The tablet that you have been given and insulin are both allowed in pregnancy. However, the tablets help to delay the insulin requirement as well as reduce the dose of insulin if its required. From your history, it seems that you may require insulin down the line in pregnancy too. Just follow the right dietary measures as advised by your doctor so that there are not major fluctuations in the blood sugar levels. As you have been diagnosed in the first trimester itself, your doctor will advise you certain other tests too. Wish you a safe pregnancy!
Dr. Himani Gupta
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Hi, it seems you are looking for a second opinion. On public platform it is not possible. As any doctor requires to see you and all your reports.