Diabetic and hypothyroid
Married for 4.5 years with 2 missed abortions and currently undergoing infertility treatment. Recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism (T3 T4 TSH normal but TPO increased). I have more love for sweets. But now taking nil sugar. What kind of food I can take. Can I use artificial sweetners instead of natural sugar? Will it affect my glycemic levels

Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore

You have already developed  an autoimmune  disease  (TPO positive ) which may come in your way of having  a healthy  pregnancy.  The reason  of your miscarriage  is that the baby wants to live  in a healthy  body. You may want to heal your body before trying to  be pregnant  again as in that case,  you will pass on a healthy  body to your  baby also.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello. You can have for with low glycemic index, containing complex carbs, like oats, roti made from ragi, jowar, bajra. Avoid all processed sugar. Avoid sweet fruits like grapes, chiku, mango. Take 5-6 small meals. Avoid starvation. Do workup for APLA if not yet done.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Eat foods with low glycemic index and avoid eating foods having complex carbohydrates like oats and whole grain rotis. Refrain from refined sugar and sugary foods. Also, drink plenty of water and do not do binge eating. Take small frequent meals.
Hello....... It's better to take low glycemic index food items.. And you want to conceive so you blood sugar level is very important.... You can have chapatis, ragi malt, with adequate rice.... Have more of green vegetables and veggies with fiber. Restrain yourself til you complete successful pregnancy.