diabetes-icon

Diabetes hot flashes

My father has been diabetic for >20years and recently he started having high blood pressure and is having sudden body heat and sweating. This sudden hot temp and sweating is causing concern and wanted to know the reason and how to treat it

Doctor Answers (2) on Diabetes hot flashes

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu Mumbai | Diabetologist
He might be getting hypoglycemia episodes. If you have a glucometer at home, you should check his blood sugar at the time of symptoms. Below 70 mg/dl suggests hypoglycemia. In that case You need to reduce the medication and do SMBG charting as per your diabetologist's opinion. To treat hypoglycemia at home you can read my following article for details : https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/how-to-treat-hypoglycemia-at-home-2013/post
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, is he taking medication for diabetes regularly because low blood sugar levels stimulates sympathetic activity resulting in sweating ,increased heart rate . check his blood sugar levels ( both FBS and PPBS) .If he is having hypertension he should take regular medicines for that also.consult general physician in nearest hospital.