Depression
Why there are six SSRI to confuse the patient. Can I take either of them. My doctor gave me escitalopram 10-0-10 for sometime and then fluoxetine 40-0-20 for some time and after that he is giving me fluvoxamine. Is it possible that one ssri work on someone and other doesn't. Why does that happen. I'm suffering coz of that and no one has any answer. Psychiatrists plz help in detail😖

Trust your own doctor or find one you can trust. Sometimes patient may respond to an ssri even though resistant to other. Sometimes medication is changed based on side effects patient can’t tolerate. Many a times we switch to snri or newer anti depressants if ssri s fail.