Depression

This really is a guestion which is disturbing me deeply and makimg me feel as if why Im living. guestion is that can anyone who is suffering from depression from long time like 3-4 years ever grow or study or think the way he used to. As I feel terrible in class when Im not even able to face anyone confidently and dont have dreams like I used to have. I took nexito, flunil and many more antidepressent and even tried ayurvedic shirodhara and medicines but it only helped me to an extent and the condotion is not improving from last one year. I still feel as If I can never be the same again. Need detailed answer. help me

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

You can definitely lead  a great and successful life ahead. The only criteria required is your willingness and your wish to do so. For which you need to hv clarity and guidance which you can get by consulting a Psychologist.
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan
Counselling Psychologist 13 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, You need therapies to come out of your situation. Get help from a psychotherapist. Follow relaxation techniques. Avoid non veg at night. Feel free to contact for further help. Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com Wishes
Harisha N L

Hello my friend...just remember "Broken heart and shattered dreams are key mentors for weaving a glorious destiny."...Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck
Dr. Akhil Chopra
Neuropsychiatrist 6 yrs exp Jalandhar
Don't loose heart. Let me tell u 1 thing for sure that u will get well. This is a common complaint that many a pts with depression report. All u need to do is to get in touch with a psychiatrist who ll assess u. Many a times an antidepressant stops working or may not work at all because of various reasons. The psychiatrist will take a detailed treatment history n then decide upon the kind of treatment u require; which is going to b a combination of both medicines n psychotherapy. Other than this try to keep yourself positive, avoid unnecessary stress, exercise or meditate a bit. It takes some time but soon u ll start feeling better n more confident.