Depression/Mind Slowness

My wife committed suicide on 09/10/2016 by hanging herself when I was at home itself. We were together from last 12+ Years out of which 2+ Years in College, 3 years in live-in & 7+ Years in marriage. I am slowly losing my mind. Unable to bear emotions when alone remembering our life which we spent together. I loved her a lot, it is hard to imagine rest of life without her. I am unable to come into my job work again, physically moving & speaking very slow. Willing to sleep all the time. Kindly save me although I am already very strong.

Doctor Answers (4) on Depression/Mind Slowness

Dr. Gaurav Kulkarni Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Very sorry to hear the loss. But knowing the difficulty you are going through daily, i will suggest you visit a psychiatrist soon. With medications and necessary counselling you will be able to cope with life.
Ms. Spandana Arun Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Sir, very sorry for your loss. You need to understand that your loss is recent and it will take sometime to overcome grief- but, do consult a counsellor or psychologist who can help you in the process.
do not try to push away the emotions or memories.. they will always be there. instead, you can take moment to try and accept their presence in your mind and get on with the work at hand. there is no need to push yourself too much to get back to normalcy urgently.. grief takes time and it's very natural to go through this process for everyone of us at a point in our lives. take your time. good luck.
Dear friend, its a sort of grief reaction...just try to b in touch wd those people whom u trust. Spend time as much as possible wd them. If situation doesnt improve then talk to doctor. Best wishes
Ms. Sarika Kumar Mohali | Clinical Psychologist
Kindly meet a psychiatrist to help you cope with this situation. Medicines may be prescribed by the psychiatrist which can help in easimg your mind.
Also try yoga and meditation which will be of help.