Depression

I've suffered from anxiety depression in my 12th std in 2009. From then on, I've never fully recovered. I don't feel anything. I can't even cry. I fake feelings just to be in sync with other people. I've tried many anti-depressants after consulting different psychiatrists and neurologists. But these meds only make you happy, the real problem has always remained. Nowadays this has increased and my anti-depressants are also of no use. Can i know what is the exact cause of this, and whether I'll recover from it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help preven,t a relapse of symptoms.