Depression

I thought my parents is everything i dont have love affairs with any boys i had gone counselling for 1 time my parents are givings value for my dreams upto 10 class after my uncle came near my house my parents starts neglecting us everytime what my uncle told is final my cet was rejected for 2 yrs as i have eligible a failed candidate can get it but i cant get seat in engineering but my papa gave me the seat in not at all good college i feel very depressed living in dark room confusions lack of interest worthlessness inferriority complex suicidal thoughts my weakness is i have only 5 to 6 degree of squient my parents are good i show very angry to them i shout alot but they are very innocent i feel very bad of me i dont know anything what to do

Doctor Answers (5) on Depression

Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear young lady, You seem to be going through a tough phase in life and the symptoms you are feeling are suggestive of depression. If left untreated, your mental and emotional situation will only worsen. I advice you see a psychiatrist at the earliest and get treated. You can choose between medicines and psychotherapy as a treatment choice. But pls see a psychiatrist at the earliest and give your life a second chance. You are too young to be so sad and low.
Dr. Ravi Prakash Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
My first suggestion will be to not ignore the suicidal thoughts. I don't know if any self harm acts are also there but irrespective of that, you have to know that emotions can suddenly start dropping and getting out of your control. So the first thing you should do is be alert as soon as you get these thoughts. Do not entertain these thoughts and call some one close to you or seek help from some help lines. Remember all the thoughts you get are not your friends. The next step would be obviously to consult an expert. It is not easy to give you a direct solution to your problems of life because until all the dimensions are explored. These will include your personality traits, cognitive errors, family constraints, planning abilities among several others. But none the less, you must know that there is always a solution. In my opinion
hi, don't get disheartened because of what others have said. just relax and try to work hard. get involved in exercise and eat well. all the best. take care.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Its okay dear. U still can do work Dersingham in this world with all your  capabilities which u feel you are worth about.
Please do visit a Psychologist at Bangalore and decide ur life.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
Your description indicates symptoms of depression. You need to remember that everyone has some strengths and some weaknesses in their coping mechanism. During any known or unknown stresses this manifests in the form of anxiety, automatic negative thoughts and low mood and confidence. Be present to these experiences in the context of what you are going through. Don't fight with your emotions. Practice mindfulness, good lifestyle choices like yoga, meditation etc. Continue to focus on your studies irrespective of your emotions in a calm way. If things are becoming too difficult to manage, please consult a psychiatrist for further assessment and appropriate treatment like cognitive behavior therapy with or without medicine. Regards