Depression

I have been to many psyciatrist in last 4 years the first medicine the prescribe is nexito. I know many people who are given nexito.Kindly tell me why?? It doesnt help much.

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Addiction Psychiatrist 7 yrs exp Delhi

Hi there, i realize wat u go thru when ever u decide to see a shrink and is given a med to pop and asked to come back after sometime just to refill the same. Now despite of all dat and still holding hopes... I m a fan of urs.... But coming back to the question u had... Nexito is said to be an effective anti-depressant (escitalopram) with gud tolerability profile.. It has been unofficially a first choice drug for young ppl.. But usual is clearly not ur case... Dats where an individualistic approach holds gud.. Not always but commonly one needs to evaluate his circumstances, coping strategies and motivations when stress or depression become such a rutt... I hope this helps u but feel free to consult further