Depression

I have a major depression. Often I feel suicidal. My college will start on 20th of July but I have no interest in going college. Should I quit or what to do? I'm currently taking medications for my depression. From one month I'm taking medicines and it had cured me ti some extent but not fully I'm now very much lazy and have thoughts about death often please help me out.

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

You are saying medications cured to some extent but having thoughts abt suicide. Pls have another consultation and ask is it the antidepressant which is causing it? Some antidepressants like fluoxetine may cause suicidal ideas..
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Please relax.... the world is full of people to support you. Please go and meet a psychologist or a counselor and start your consultation regularly. You will definetely find solutions to live and also happily and successfully. All the counsellor would give you is clarity to come out of that depression and take decisions on your own.. Donot worry...
Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani
Psychologist 6 yrs exp Vadodara
be regular with your medicines and visit your doctor again. also visit a psychologist in your area and seek therapy.
Dr. Amit Jagtiani
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Rohtak
Antidepressants take some time to relieve depression. Since you are having suicidal ideas frequently you have a severe depression. It is a psychiatric emergency. I suggest you should get admitted and seek quick addresal of your suicidal ideation. Talk to your psychiatrist about it.