I had always been a good student-the topper since childhood but when I entered class 11th and joined the IIT-JEE coaching I couldn't cope up I mean I was the last one,although I used to study a lot but somewhere I just didn't go through it. The pressure was killing and somewhere I developed an unknown fear . Also my parents aren't keeping well since I guess 2008 they aren't their constant fights and differences has affected,although I don't show that it affects me but somewhere it does and eats my mind. Basically I feel lonely a failure at times and all. When I came into college I met guy fell in love with him like mad and he cheated on me and since then I just couldn't cope up.It has been 8 months since the break up but it doesn't get better. I always feel lonely. My grades are going down and which worries me a lot. I don't want to ruin my career.Please help. I want to be happy again.

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
From the symptoms and condition that you have described here, it is highly suggestive of an ongoing negative emotional state. It is highly likely that you are suffering from a depressive episode. I would strongly urge you to seek a consultation with a psychiatrist near you at the earliest. A thorough evaluation can there be carried out about your health and further medication and psychological intervention will be done. Don't lose heart and work towards your recovery. Hope this helps you.. Wishing you an early recovery..