Depression

From the past one month, I have been sleeping a lot, I have exams lined up by the end of August, these exams will decide my career but I am extremely demotivated, I don't feel like studying. I want to study but I couldn't. I start having severe headache the moment I think of studies, once I distract myself from the thoughts of studies I don't feel the headache. Headache starts from the area near my eyes and spreads to the forehead. I don't feel like living, everything seems unnecessary. I cannot afford to go to a psychologist or psychiatrist. Please help me to get over this.
views-icons 62 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Depression

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Your headache is the signal your body is giving of some suppressed conflict. Do you like what you are doing/studying? or is there too much fear of failure? Be ready for any failure and you will not fail! Take a two day break, Can visit some place or do something of interest. The break in routine will help you immensely as body wants to get out of the routine loop of physical and mental activity for a short time!
RELAX
Try to study without focusing on results
hi. i feel you should change your method of studying, maybe that will help. before getting back to studies, you should take some time off and go out with family or friends and take a break. if there is something upsetting you or bothering you, you should take help from your family and friends and act accordingly. channelize your negative energies in a constructive manner (things you like to do) and soon you will see the difference. all the best!! I'm sure you can make it!!!!!
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.