Depression...boy related

I am in a 5yr relatnshp. I hv becm very rude nd fight over petty issues for more than 2mnths..i feel he is cheating on me though he is very genuine.few days back i met a guy I am attracted to him fr his looks ..we had a talk yesterday fr 3hrs nd in the evening 1 hr over phone..we were to meet tday i called him he tld me to remind him if he didnt call..i called him 5tyms but still he didnt call i texted him once at 6pm he didnt reply or call back..i cannot take him out of my mind i am feeling frustrated..i want him out of my life nd i want to b normal.i am holding onto my phn frm 1pm so that i donot miss his call if hecalls me at all...no idea wot to do..pls hlp..nd if he calls back any day how to react nd wot to say..nd how will i b able to calm down myself so that i can stay happy with my boyfriend.

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression...boy related

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
What do u expect from a boyfriend? !!!
If u expect loyalty from him then u shd ask yourself whether u r so!!!!!

If u want to go back to ur old friend  then u don't hv right to use him as your backup.!!!!??

U r young that is why u r ate not able to hvthese clarities.  Wait finish u r degree be friends with both of them and understand life from different perspective.  Don't take any hasty decision.

Ms. Sarika Kumar Mohali | Clinical Psychologist
As you are in a relationship for 5 years, sometimes a person is taken for granted or you figure out that your interests don't match anymore. I assume you both are around the same age , and this is the time you explore all possible options in terms of career, friends , interests and since these keeps changing at this age hence you might be experiencing difference of opinion with your boyfriend. Consider the same situation with the new person, as of now your likings may be same and that is the reason you are having him on your mind.
You will have to do a clear introspection - are you seeing your relationship with your boyfriend as long term, and if yes, it is best to clear out the doubts as relationships do not work on doubts and suspicion. For the new person in your life, if the person calls, you can meet and clear out your apprehensions and feelings. Don't rush into a new relationship, you can try to understand the person first.
it is advised to take walks, go to gym or any other physical activity which would keep you busy and help in releasing the mounted up tension.