Dental problem

Hi, in january a food particle hit my gums between two front upper teeth, few days later i started appreciating a gap which was not there before. Problem started as i could feel air passing while talking and also the gap stressed. I visited dentist who cleaned my gum so that the food particle that hit my gums does not remains there. He said my gums would take there original place in 4 weeks but till today nothing has changed. The gap still exists and also i feel the gum at the back of my teeth to be swollen.I am so depressed that i have almost stopped eating,talking and smiling. Please help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Dental problem

Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Food particles getting wedged does not create gaps overnight, its just coincidental. Considering that gum problem and a cavity is ruled out, since you have mentioned of getting your teeth cleaned. In all possibilities it could be a high frenal attachment. These are nothing but thin infolds of muscle fibers that attach the upper lip(inner surface) to the gums. You can visualize the same in the mirror when you lift the upper lip. A very minor surgical correction is needed to correct the same and if required a simple clip treatment to close the gaps will do the trick.
Probably there is infection in ur gums.get dentist consultation. Don't stop eating.