Dental pain
Whenever I eat something really sweet or cold I get sever pain in my teeth I have tried anti sensitivity toothpastes then I left using it. Do I have to use those forever??

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. Sensitivity could be because of enamel loss or deep cavity. Visit dentist ASAP you might need root canal treatment or a filling based on the case and x ray. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 17 yrs exp Bangalore

Considering your age teeth sensitivity could be either due to a cavity or gum related. Either ways you would require definitive treatment, so cultivate the habit of visiting a dentist once in 6 months. Early detection of minor issues of teeth and gums will save you lot of time and money.
Shashank Uniyal
Prosthodontist 8 yrs exp Kottayam
Sensitivity to sweet and cold but not to hot things is actually a good sign. It indicates that it can be treated with simple procedures like filling or gum treatment.More invasive treatment like RCT and crown is not needed . Consult your dentist as soon as possible to fix this problem permanently.
Dr. Sandip Fuladi
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 19 yrs exp Nagpur
It could be sever sensitivity , cavities, or erosion. Only examination by dentist can able to find out the reason of the sensitivity. So plz consult your Dentist as early as possible.
Dr. Ankit H Mehta
Dentist 9 yrs exp Mumbai
If the sensitivity is not going with any of the toothpastes,that indicates the sensitivity is severe.so either u have a cavity or your teeth are worn out and enamel is lost.In any of the case to get rid of the sensitivity permanently, we have to locate the tooth causing sensitivity and go for a root canal treatment.This will give u permanent relief.Thanks
Dr. Niranjana K
Prosthodontist 4 yrs exp Dindigul
Antisensitive tooth paste is absolutely friendly. If you feel sensitivity in your teeth you have to use it continuously. But pain cant be subsided by toothpaste. You have to find out the reason in person to a dentist and treat further.