Dental implant
I have recently lost my front teeth.. I went through dental implant procedures now doctor have fitted titanium rod on it.. please advise shall I fit cap on it or need to wait for next three month

Dr. Vimal Thareja
Orthodontist 9 yrs exp Delhi
Your implants have been placed. The implant needs atleast 3 months to firmly attach to the bone by a process known as osseointegration. In some cases when good implants are used and initially when the implant is placed, the implant is firm enough in the bone, it is possible to fix a temporary cap on the implant. But that decision can only be taken by the doctor who had placed the implant. Because only your implantologist knows how firm your implant was wjile placement. If your implantologist has not placed the cap and has asked you to wait for 3 months, it would be wise to wait for 3 months else you would be risking the success of the implant.