As per one of doctor he has problem of Delusion,dementia and hallucinations. he like to sit on place for hours. he eat lot but walk very less. for last 2 days he thinks earthquake is happening and he tried to jump out of window approx at 3 o clock .he started to remove his cloths and be our family doctor give some medication due to he slept for approx 14 hours and after that he not able to walk.we want to cure this desease as my family is suffering lot due to that

Doctor Answers (1) on Delusion,Dementia,halluci

Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, I will need more details. How long has this been going on?
From what you have described and keeping in mind the age of the patient, this could be early signs of Dementia presenting as Psychosis, ie. Hallucinations or delusions.
A detailed evaluation by a Psychiatrist will be necessary.
If it is Dementia, you and your family have to be counseled as to what to expect. Dementia is treatable, not curable, just like Diabetes or Hypertension where medication helps but you have to continue them for long time or lifelong.
Do not worry, today with the right medication, there is hope and patients can function well . The deterioration can be prevented for a long time.
Have patience and ask your doubts to the Psychiatrist who can explain in detail and counsel you. Hope this helps, All the Best!