Delayed periods

I was recently diagnosed with PCOD. My last period was on 13th May, 2016. My doctor prescribed me Deviry 10mg for 5 days and All 9 F for 10 days to get the periods. Today is the 6th day since I am having these tablets amd havent got my periods yet. What could be the caused. My doc said that I will have to wait for atleast 7 days after having Deviry.

Doctor Answers (1) on Delayed periods

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress... To regulate your menstrual cycle, your doctor may recommend combination birth control pills — pills that contain both estrogen and progestin. These birth control pills decrease androgen production and give your body a break from the effects of continuous estrogen.....