Delayed periods

Hi...I have delayed periods. my last one was on 6th feb. I did a urine test on 19th March for pregnancy and it was negative. the doc prescribed me to take cyclenorm e and p for 2 days (3 times a day). I started this on 20th Mar...however till today 24th Mar..I havent got my periods. there are spots of bleeding..very less. what should I do...please advise.

Doctor Answers (2) on Delayed periods

The opinion given is fine and wait for period.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her.. Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation...