Delayed, irregular period

I was diagnosed with PCOS few years back. I have regular periods for some time (this time almost a year). I got my last period almost 50 days back. I have tried a few home remedies,but none worked. I was prescribed with Primoult N by my gyenic previously. Can I take this this time too?

Doctor Answers (4) on Delayed, irregular period

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Primoult will help you in ovulation induction but not completely cure PCOS. I would suggest that you visit my clinic so that I can evaluate you better. Also if you are sexually active, then urine pregnancy test is advised. You can visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in Green Park, New Delhi for further evaluation. You can mail your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Primolute N can induce periods for the time being but can do nothing  to  heal the PCOS, not to mention  the  side effects  of  the  drug itself as it is a synthetic  progesterone.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Ya, you can have but definately meet gynaecologist first so that you will be clear about it.If you r sexually active do urine pregnancy test first.
Dr. Sowmya Rai Mumbai | Gynecologist
Dear, Instead of starting the tablet, suggest to go for sonography pelvis and if all normal then go for Primolute N