Deep bite

I am having deep bite problem I consulted a doctor he suggested me to wear braces but he also told that 4teeth needed to be removed I couldn't understand and will it be cured in a year??
views-icons 90 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Deep bite

Dr. Kunal R Shah Nashik | Orthodontist
Hi ..Deep bite can lead to severe problem in near future and it is perfectly taken care by braces. Depending from case to case treatment plan varies. But most of the patients require removal of 4 teeth and treatment will be done 24 months approximately. MDS Orthodontist is best person to get braces treatment done. Thank you.
Few patients need removal of premolar teeth,if the spaces is not there to pull the teeth inside. Regarding time of treatment usually 14 months to 28 months depending on how much correction is required
Yes! Deep bite requires correction through braces and its reliable. If the treatment is not done, it may lead to more severe deep bite that may damage ur teeth in the future. It might take 12-18months for completion of treatment. Regarding teeth removal ur consultant Orthodontist will be the best judge