Deafness in on ear.

My hearing capacity in right ear is almost nil, which has gradually decreasing past 15 years. I was told it is because of Manieres disease and the damage is irreparable. Is it true ? As such I am comfortable with left one which is 100 per cent perfect. Now it's sociological problem. Will hearing aid do ? Regards.

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Puducherry

meniere's disease which is a disease of inner ear is known to cause profound deafness as eventually it will irreversibly injure your hearing apparatus during its course inspite of adaquate treatment once course of disease ends in deafness only treatment option would be hearing aids fortunately your one ear is involved and good quality programmable hearing aids will give good results you need to consult a audiologist for hearing evaluation and hearing aid trial if you are satisfied with hearing amplification then you can buy hearing aid of your choice there is no medical treatment for such condition