Dumb and deaf

My brother is dumb and deaf from child i want to be him normal like us hearing and speaking please give suggestion is he need to go any ear operation and any medicin please suggest me.
views-icons 56 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Dumb and deaf

doctor profile image
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri
5 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Hai I am very sorry to hear that your brother is dumb and deaf. How old is he? If he is 23 yr old, then there is nothing much that can be done. But if he is young eg: 4 or 5 yrs old, we can still try cochlear implants. If you can afford implants, just get an assessment done by an ENT surgeon and a good audiologist. They can guide you whether any surgery will help him or not. Until then try to use hearing aids.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?