Dead dark skin in elbow

My both elbows have dark skin at the outer side and its rough. because of this i am unable to wear sleeveless t shirts, its kind of so embarrassing. any ointment that would help me even out the skin tone and get rid of the rough skin? Thank you so much doctor.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dead dark skin in elbow

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Dark elbows can be treated with retinoids,skin lightening creams containing AHA/BHA with regular use of moisturisers. With this treatment your skin will become smoother and the pigmentation will reduce. It needs a long term management as medicines can be added or changed as per the response. Hence the need to consult a dermatologist for the same. Skin polishing and peels can be combined for a faster improvement. Better to avoid using otc creams as they may contain steroids which can be harmful in long term. Hope this helps you. Best regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Eternis Skin Clinic, Pune