Dark Skin on Neck

The skin around my neck is very dark. I consulted a doctor and he told me it's acanthosis nigrician. He gave me some medicine and tube but it didn't work much. Also my sugar level and thyroid conditions are normal. However I am a bit overweight these days. (5'11" height and 85kgs). Could you tell me the possible reason for this and also how to get rid of the issue?

Doctor Answers (3) on Dark Skin on Neck

Thanks for posting your question. Definitely condition is called acanthosis. you can use tablet Canthex and melalite forte cream in the affected area. Also try to reduce weight. Dr kasipathy cosmetologist from Facial Cosmetic Laser Centre Hebbal Bangalore
Dr. Lipy Gupta Delhi | Dermatologist/Cosmetologist
Acanthosis is associated with obesity and insulin resistance. Do get serum insulin levels tested too
Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia Mumbai | Dermatologist
The best way is to start reducing weight.  The medicines will take a while to work.