Dark neck and white patch

Hello Doctors, I have dark neck and white patches on my chest. I did some self medication using anti fungal ointments for the white patches but gave up due to difficulty in applying them regularly and due to lack of visible improvements. I felt the dark color around neck is due to dirt and sunlight so started scrubbing my neck vigorously but even after months of scrubbing the condition is not much better. What can be done to get rid of this. There is no itch and it's been over 4 years.

Doctor Answers (2) on Dark neck and white patch

Dr. Ravi Kothari Pune | Dermatologist
Ur problem seems due excess weight. Wud need a good diet counselling and some ointments at home. Can consult a dermatologist
hi it might be acanthosis nigricans on neck and on chest it might be Tinea versicolor farward me the pics if you can it wont go with rubbings you can try oint Momate cream on the neck in the nghts for 7 -10 days oint Flucos gel on the chest for 2-3 weeks but let me confirm after seeing your pics. use keto soap for bathing
see a local dermatologist if needed
reduce weight