Dark coloration on lips

I have dark colored lips that too that dark color is irregular. I dont have any smoking and drinking habits. Yet people question me how many smokes I have everyday because of that color on my lips. This problem is there for me since childhood, but doctors said it will be automatically resolved once my growth is stopped and when body gets good nutrition. They had said the nutrition might not be enough for a growing child as my growth was so much. Now I can say my lips are a bit better than the time when I was 15, but they are still dark. Is there a solution for my problem? Is there anything that I can do naturally or I have to go for medicines?

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark coloration on lips

Thanks for the query. This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. Don't delay the appointment. Remember to replenish Vitamin C based serum to the affected areas of lips and always use a lip balm with sunblock