Dark circles

I have severe dark circles and I have them for past 2 years. My question is can my dark circles be completely gone if I follow a proper routine and take some medicines. I don't care if it takes long time to dissappear but can it be completely fixed?

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark circles

Thanks for your query. ​Dark circles around the eyes at your age is unusual and could indicate an insulin resistance. Do you have darkening of armpits and nape of neck? Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. See a Dermatologist who will recommend a product for reducing pufiness and darkness and the correct method to use it, it should be dabbed and not rub. Avoid rubbing the eyes as it will increase pigmentation. Now-a-days many chemical peels also offers realistic promise- like glycolic acid and lactic acid peels. Special under eye gels and creams, mesotherapy and dermapens are some adjunctive treatment options. If dark circles are associated with tear trough deformity , the management may be little different. Hope it helps you, If you are willing to give your 100% , i can assure you much hope.