Dandruff

I have a lot of dandruff like something like wax and dirt , very sticky like substance...it was deeeply struck with my hair roots....causing lot of hairfall everyday......my dermatologist sugggested me to take vb7 forte capsules and danwell kz shampooo(scalp lotion) should it be beneficiall????? He also strictly suggested me to not to put any oil in the hairr!!!!???

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff

Thanks for the query. Hair oil is of no benefit in present day knowledge though the massage during a hair oil application may be beneficial. You could be having either Seborrhea capitis or Seborrheic dermatitis from your description. Start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem.
However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans.