CRP level 65
For last few months my daughter getting fever (~100 F) almost once in a month and last for 1-2 days. Every time doctor suggested combiflame. This time he advised to do CRP test and result shown CRP level of 65. So yesterday doctor prescribed antibiotics for 4 days and asked to do CRP test once again after 4 days. I want to know how critical is this for my daughter or is it usually happens to kids. Please explain as we are too worried about her.

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query. C reactive protein (Crp) we do in children with fever. This crp indicates on going infection or inflammation in body, but it is not specific to any disease . your daughter crp is positive, and she ad prescribed medicines. Please continue the medications. Repeating the crp after 4days shows whether the infection as come down.