Crossbite / Deep Bite

Hi, My jaw placement is somewhat looks like crossbite or deepbite. I have had no problem meanwhile but cannot wait. Should I bother ???

Doctor Answers (5) on Crossbite / Deep Bite

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
If you say yourself that you cannot wait, then definitely you should bother about this condition..... it may or may not be aesthetically displeasing for some people, but definitely it is a concern from functional point of view, and can cause problems for the adjoining structures like the gums and the bone and also your temporomandibular joint..... you need to visit an orthodontist to check for the treatment options available in your case which can be advised to you after a proper clinical examination and a few X rays....
Regards....
physiologically and functionally the teeth should be treated with orthodontic treatment. . It would improve the cosmetic and functional capacity of the mouth and face. . Should get it done at the earliest considering the age. .
You dint mention that is it Anterior Crossbite or Posterior cross bite? Although both have a series of their own aesthetic & physiological complications, they must be treated as early as diagnosed.
During the growth phase..crossbites usually are treated with jaw growth modification...

However at the age of 25+ surgical options ate explored more.

Crossbite can give problems with the temporomandibular joint at later stages of life, if not treated.
Visit a dentist for further information
Depending on the severity of the condition, Treatment has to be Planned.
THANKS